Critical Care Unit
St. Joseph Hospital’s 7-bed Critical Care Unit provides a full range of services for the critically ill adult patient. The department integrates patient care and education with consultative, diagnostic and therapeutic critical care services in a unit with special care beds.
The care of the critically ill patient begins in Critical Care and progresses to the Medical, Surgical/Orthopedic, or Cardiac/Pulmonary Care units. Each room within the Critical Care Unit is equipped to monitor heart rate, blood pressures, blood oxygen levels, temperature and respiration.
The nursing station is equipped with an arrhythmia monitoring and trending system. Patients are easily visualized from the nursing station, and the rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art EICU monitoring system, where Intensivists can see the patient by use of closed circuit camera.
- ACLS Credentialed Nursing Staff
- Critical Care Trained Nursing Staff
- Critical Care Certified Nursing Staff
- Unit Secretary/Monitor Techs
- Social Services and Pastoral Care Services
- Full Respiratory Care Services
- Full Hemodynamic Monitoring
- Private Family Waiting Room
Our compassionate team in the critical care unit provides personal care to make our patients and their families as comfortable as possible throughout their stay.
Telephone: (207) 907-1512